Data Transfer in Networks (1/2006 - 5/2006)
Data Migration/Transfer in Storage Area Networks
Large-scale Data Transfer (in Overlay Networks)
- Samir Khuller, Yoo-Ah Kim, and Yung-Chun (Justin) Wan, Algorithms for Data Migration with Cloning, PODS 2003 (Speaker: Yoo-Ah Kim, 01/06/2006, 01/13/2006)
- Leana Golubchik, Samir Khuller, Yoo-Ah Kim, Svetlana Shargorodskaya, and Yung-Chun (Justin) Wan, Data migration on Parallel disks, ESA 2004 (Speaker: Yoo-Ah Kim, 01/06/2006, 01/13/2006)
- Yoo-Ah Kim, Data migration to minimize the average completion time, SODA 2003 (Speaker: Yoo-Ah Kim, TBA)
- Samir Khuller, Yoo-Ah Kim, and Yung-Chun (Justin) Wan, Broadcasting on Networks of Workstations, SPAA 2005 (Speaker: Yoo-Ah Kim, TBA)
Network Coding & In-network Evaluation
- B. Cheng, C.F. Chou, L. Golubchik, S. Khuller, Y-C. Wan. Large Scale Data Collection: a Coordinated Approach. INFOCOM 2003 (Speaker: Bing Wang, 01/27/2006)
- B. Wang, J. Kurose, D. Towsley, W. Wei, Multipath Overlay Data Transfer, UMass CMPSCI Technical Report 05-45 (Speaker: Bing Wang, 2/10/2006)
Multi-radio Wireless Network
- Dina Goldin, Faster In-Network Evaluation of Spatial Aggregation in Sensor Networks, UConn BECAT/CSE Technical Report TR-05-7, November 2005
(shorter version to be presented at ICDE 2006) (Speaker: Dina Goldin, 2/17/06)
- Tracey Ho, Ralf Koetter, Muriel M´edard, David R. Karger and Michelle Effros, The Benefits of Coding over Routing in a Randomized Setting, International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT) 2003. (An introduction to network coding: C. Fragouli, J.-Y. Le Boudec, J. Widmer, Network Coding: An Instant Primer, LCA-REPORT-2005-010) (Speaker: Hang Dinh, 2/24/06, 3/3/06)
- P. A. Chou, Y. Wu, and K. Jain, Practical Network Coding, 51st Allerton Conf. Communication, Control and Computing, Oct. 2003. (A closely related paper: Y. Wu, P. A. Chou, and K. Jain, A Comparison of Network Coding and Tree Packing, in Proc. of IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), 2004.) (Speaker: Peng Xie, 3/17/06)
- Christos Gkantsidis, Pablo Rodriguez, Network Coding for Large Scale Content Distribution, INFOCOM 2005 (A closely related paper: S. Acedanski, S. Deb, M. Médard, R. Koetter, How Good is Random Linear Coding Based Distributed Networked Storage? First workshop on Network Coding, April, 2005, Italy) (Speaker: Yan Li, 3/31/06)
- N. Sundaram, P. Ramanathan, and S. Banerjee, Multirate Media Stream Using Network Coding, Proceedings of 43rd Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Sep., 2005
- ZongPeng Li, Baochun Li, Network Coding: The Case of Multiple Unicast Sessions, Proceedings of 42rd Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Sep., 2004 (A closely related paper: ZongPeng. Li and B. Li, Network Coding in Undirected Networks, in Proc. of the 38th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS), 2004)
- Sachin Katti, Dina Katabi, Wenjun Hu, Hariharan Rahul, Muriel Medard, The Importance of Being Opportunistic: Practical Network Coding for Wireless Environments, Allerton, 2005. (Speaker: Zheng Guo, 3/24/06)
- A. Raniwala and T. Chiueh, "Architecture and algorithms for an IEEE 802.11-based multi-channel wireless mesh network," in Proceedings of Infocom, March 2005. (The authors' preliminary work: A. Raniwala, K. Gopalan, and T. Chiueh, "Centralized channel assignment and routing algorithms for multi-channel wireless mesh networks," ACM SIGMOBILE MCCR, vol. 8, no. 2, 2004 ) (Speaker: Zheng Guo, 4/21/06)
- Pradeep Kyasanur and Nitin H. Vaidya, "Capacity of multi-channel wireless networks: impact of number of channels and interfaces," in ACM MobiCom, New York, NY, USA, 2005. (Speaker: Zhong Zhou, 6/16/06, 6/23/06)
- Murali Kodialam and Thyaga Nandagopal, "Characterizing the capacity region in multi-radio multi-channel wireless mesh networks," in ACM MobiCom, New York, NY, USA, 2005. (Speaker: Yoo-ah Kim, 6/2/06, 6/9/06,)
- Mansoor Alicherry, Randeep Bhatia, and Li (Erran) Li, "Joint channel assignment and routing for throughput optimization in multi-radio wireless mesh networks," in In Proceedings of ACM MobiCom, 2005 (Speaker: Saleh Ibrahim, 4/28/06).
- R. Draves, J. Padhye, and B. Zill, "Routing in multi-radio, multi-hop wireless mesh networks," in Proceedings of ACM MobiCom, 2004 (Speaker: Bing Wang, 6/30/06).
- Ranveer Chandra, Lili Qiu, Kamal Jain, Mohammad Mahdian, Optimizing the Placement of Internet TAPs in Wireless Neighborhood Networks, ICNP 2004. ((Speaker: Peng Xie, 7/28/06)
- M. Elkin and G. Kortsarz, "An improved broadcast schedule for radio networks", Accepted to Transaction on Algorithms. (Speaker: Hang Dihn, 8/4/06, 8/11/06)
- Roozbeh Jafari, Foad Dabiri, Majid Sarrafzadeh, ε-Optimal Minimal-Skew Battery Lifetime Routing in Distributed Embedded Systems,. Journal of Low Power Electronics (JOLPE), vol 1, no. 2, pp 97-107, September 2005. (Speaker: Shaoyu Yang, 8/25/06).
- Anwar AI Hamra. Pascal A. Felber, Design Choices for Content Distribution in P2P Networks, ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Vol. 35, No. 5, October, 2005 (Speaker: Zhong Zhou, 9/1/06).
- Samrat Ganguly, Akhilesh Saxena, Sudeept Bhatnagar, Suman Banerjee, Rauf Izmailov, Fast Replication in Content Distribution Overlays, Infocom 2005 (Speaker: Zheng Guo, 9/8/06).
- G. Zussman and A. Segall, Energy Efficient Routing in Ad Hoc Disaster Recovery Networks, Ad Hoc Networks, Vol. 1 (invited), No. 4, pp. 405-421, Nov. 2003.